1-Step up our response to growing humanitarian needs and help people adapt to the impacts of the climate and environmental crises:
- By 2025 we will conduct many studies on many regions of Yemen affected by climate change to manage and reduce the impact of climate change by our programs.
- By 2025 we will work on Reducing the impact of droughts and floods by working with stakeholders on appropriate alternative means.
- We will provide 20 thousand people with clean water by improving water infrastructure and preserving its sources.
- By 2030 we will Reduce migration and internal displacement 20% by helping communities secure safe and optimal sources and means of livelihood.
- By 2025 Encouraging 10% of communities to care for and raise animals by providing appropriate pastures and fodder, improving their skills, and building their capacities in this field.
- By 2025 we will Encourage the trend towards increasing the production of local agricultural crops by building the capacities of 10% of communities and providing them with appropriate healthy seeds and fertilizers.
2-Maximize the environmental sustainability of our work and rapidly reduce our greenhouse gas emissions
- By 2024 we will replace existing practices to turn them into climate-smart alternatives
- By 2023 we will Set criteria for climate-responsive trade (environmental impact) when organizing tenders and/or procuring items, and when signing contracts for the supply (compliance requirements).
- By 2025 we will start Achieving tangible progress in renewable energy and promoting measures that reduce carbon emissions while reducing air pollution
- By 2024 we will develop a climate change policy and technical training manual according to the Paris agreement and develop clear internal regulations to help mainstream the climate perspective in planning and implementing humanitarian programs.
- All our e-waste will be recycled by 2024.
3-Embrace the leadership of local actors and communities
By 2024, all our advocacy efforts will be informed by local voices and priorities, using appropriate methods and taking concerted action to ensure equal and equitable representation.
4-Increase our capacity to understand climate and environmental risks and develop evidence-based solutions
- By 2023 we will Train the staff on Climate Change and Adaptation/Mitigation practices and increase our capacity to understand climate and environmental risks.
- By 2024, our data on climate change and its risks will be shared with many organizations and stakeholders.
5-Work collaboratively across the humanitarian sector and beyond to strengthen climate and environmental action
- By 2023, we will work in partnership with local and national authorities, civil society organizations, Clusters, and development actors to strengthen water management in conflict-affected cities.
- By 2022 we will Engage in a climate dialogue with international Movement partners, including sharing experiences and resources.
- By 2022 Sustain established partnerships and expand to new potential partners within Yemen, and beyond
6-Use our influence to mobilize urgent and more ambitious climate action and environmental protection
By 2025 We will engage in the formulation of national climate and environment-related policy processes such as NDCs and NAPs, to ensure they prioritize action that benefits the most vulnerable people.