The Italian Red Cross has updated its Environmental Policy with seven objectives:
- Reduce carbon emissions and waste through practices of reducing, reusing and recycling to minimise the contribution to pollution;
- Monitor, report, and reduce environmental impact, particularly in terms of energy consumption and staff travel;
- Ensure that present and future partners of the Italian Red Cross operate according to minimum environmental sustainability standards;
- Ensure that the suppliers of the Association at every level operate according to minimum environmental sustainability standards;
- Promote environmental sustainability awareness to all interested parties (employees and volunteers);
- Maximize the sustainability of all programs and activities;
- Disseminate this policy to the entire association, including to volunteers and employees.